Al-Ayn Social Care Foundation UK
At Al-Ayn UK, we rely on the support and generosity of individuals like yourselves to enable us to serve orphaned children and displaced families registered with Al-Ayn (Iraq). That is why we want to be completely transparent about how we process your data.
Al-Ayn Social Care Foundation (Al-Ayn UK) is a registered charity in England and Wales (charity number 1163706). Al-Ayn Social Care Foundation’s registered address is Al-Ayn Social Care Foundation, Third Floor, Unit 5 Watling Gate, 297-303 Edgware Road, Colindale, NW9 6NB
1. What data we hold about you?
We hold specific personal information about you. Below is a list of the types of data we currently hold:
• Full name: We always ask for your full name, so we know who you are and how to talk to you. • Email Address: We need to be able to contact you for administrative purposes (See section 2 for details) by sending you an email, which is why this field is mandatory on all our web forms. If we have your consent or are otherwise permitted to do so, we will also email you our e-newsletter with marketing information about our projects, fundraising activities and upcoming fundraising events. • Phone number: We also request your phone number. We will only call you for administrative purposes (See section 2 for details). If we have your consent or are otherwise permitted to do so, we will send you occasional marketing information about our projects, fundraising activities and upcoming fundraising events by text message. • Postal address: We ask for your house number and postcode so that we hold a valid postal address for you. We need this information for the following reasons: To set up standing orders and one-off card payments, to claim Gift Aid, to deliver items to you (Vouchers or a Sadaqa Box for example). If we have your consent or are otherwise permitted to do so, we will send you occasional marketing information about our projects, fundraising activities and upcoming fundraising events by post. • Other forms of (non-sensitive) personal data we occasionally request may include additional identifiers such as Date of Birth and personal characteristics such as gender.
2. Why we hold and process your data?
We hold and process your personal data for a number of reasons:
• To keep a record of donations you have made and our communications with you.
• To keep a record of requests and actions taken by you. • To claim gift aid on donations (if you have agreed to do so). • To support our volunteers, whether during office volunteering, at stalls or when participating in fundraising events • To support community-based activities • To ensure we do not send unwanted information to supporters or members of the public who have informed us they do not wish to be contacted • for reasons related to administering any donations you have made, • Other administrative reasons include to confirm receipt of donations. • Or, if you have communicated with us whether by letter, email, text, social media, message board or any other means, to respond to your communications. • To analyse and improve the activities and content offered by Al-Ayn.
We will continue to comply with legal requests where disclosure is required or permitted by law (for example to government bodies for tax purposes or law enforcement agencies for the prevention and detection of crime, subject to such bodies providing us with a relevant request in writing).
We may also use your personal information to send emails, text messages and postal mail for direct marketing purposes if we have your consent or are otherwise permitted to do so. This allows us to send you occasional marketing information about our projects, fundraising activities and upcoming fundraising events that we believe will be of interest to you. You can update your preferences at any time on how you would like us to contact you. See section 9 for details.
3. How we collect your data
Al-Ayn may collect your personal data in the following circumstances when you make an informed choice to ‘opt in’:
You may give us your personal data directly when you make a donation, sign up for one of our events or when you communicate with us. This could be collected electronically, via our websites, in writing, or orally.
Or, you may give us your information indirectly when you contribute to Al-Ayn via fundraising sites like Just Giving or Virgin Money Giving. These independent third parties will pass your data to Al-Ayn where you have indicated that you wish to support us and have given your consent, or it is a necessary part of completing a contract with you.
When we rely on consent to contact you, we will ensure the consent was given in an unambiguous manner that the statement or affirmative action is recorded every time as proof of consent.
4. When we will get in touch with you
The orphaned children are at the centre of every decision we make and you, our supporters, are crucial to the advancement of our shared cause. Our aim is to communicate with you in a way that makes you want to be more and more involved as you witness the impact of your support.
The first time you give us personal details – for example, when you sign up to our email mailing list, support our “Orphan Sponsorship” scheme, register for an event or make a donation – you may receive follow up information from us directly relevant to this activity like an acknowledgement of receipt as well as updates on how your support is making a difference.
If you have provided us with consent to use your details for marketing purposes, then we may also contact you about our projects and fundraising activities and other ways to support us.
In order to ensure that the data we hold about you is accurate and up to date, we may occasionally get in touch to ask you to update your information.
Where you give us your consent to send marketing information, we will wherever possible let you know how long this consent will last. Unless we have grounds for believing that a longer period is reasonable and have explained this to you, we will understand your consent to last for 36 months. After this time, in order for us to continue to update you, we will need your refreshed consent. You can update or withdraw your consent at any time for individual channels of communication, or for all channels. See section 9 for details on how to do this.
We will generally treat any marketing consent you give us as lasting for 36 months, but will apply the following exceptions (but only where we inform you of this at the time you give consent):
• Where you have committed to giving us a regular donation (unless you choose to withdraw your consent). We will treat consent as enduring until you cancel your donation, at which point your consent will expire 36 months after the last donation. This is to enable us to keep you up to date with the impact of your donations, and to offer alternative means of support. • Where you have notified us that you will be leaving a legacy to Al-Ayn UK. This is a lifetime commitment and although we will provide you with regular opportunities to shape and control your communication from Al-Ayn UK we will treat your consent as ongoing. • Other circumstances in which you may receive marketing information from Al-Ayn: ‘Soft Opt In’ refers to the concept that allows us to send marketing communications by email and text message to individuals who have previously purchased similar goods and services, provided they were given the opportunity to opt out at the time of purchase. We will not use the “soft opt in” option if you have opted out of receiving email and/or text messages.
5. How long we will keep your personal data?
We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity.
For instance, if you request that we stop sending you marketing materials, we will continue to keep a record of your contact details and appropriate information to enable us to comply with your request not to be contacted by us.
We will also keep a record of donations subject to gift aid for at least seven years to comply with HMRC rules.
6. We will not share your data*
Please be assured that we will not, under any circumstances, share your data with anyone for marketing purposes and you will not receive offers from other companies or organisations as a result of giving your details to us.
We do not store credit card details nor do we share financial details with any 3rd parties.
*We share limited information with Al-Ayn (Iraq) in relation to the orphan sponsorship scheme in order for them to match each sponsor with an orphan. However, we are committed to ensuring that all your data is kept secure regardless of where the data resides and to providing appropriate protection for your information where such data is transferred outside of the EEA.
7. Third Party Use
Some pages on the website include links to third-party payment websites. These sites are governed by their own privacy statements, and Al-Ayn is not responsible for their operations, including but not limited to their information practices. Users submitting information to or through these third-party websites should review the privacy statements of these sites before providing them with personally identifiable information.
8. Data Security & Your Rights
All the data held about you is held securely. We ensure that there are appropriate technical controls in place to protect your personal details. For example, we keep strict records of who has access to information that we hold to ensure that your information is only accessible by appropriately trained staff and volunteers and can be requested at any time.
If you would like to find out more about how we use your personal data or want to see a copy of information about you that we hold, please contact us.
9. Your Communication Choices
We will make it easy for you to tell us how you would like to receive marketing communications from us and to share any concerns or complaints you may have.
If at any time you wish to change how we communicate with you, update the information we hold, or raise a concern please do get in touch. There are several ways you can do this:
• Fill in our online form: www.updates.alayn.co.uk • Write to us: Al-Ayn Social Care Foundation, Third Floor, Unit 5 Watling Gate, 297303 Edgware Road, Colindale, NW9 6NB • Email us: [email protected] • Call us: 0203 719 5221 (Mon-Fri 10am- 4pm, Sat 10am-2pm): • You can choose to stop receiving text message communications at any time by texting STOP to 07922574522. (This is charged at your standard text rate) • You can also choose to stop receiving our marketing emails by clicking on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of every email. • You also have the right to make a complaint direct to the UK’s data protection authority, the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). The ICO can be contacted at: https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/